At London Parlour Carpet Cleaners (we, us, London Parlour Carpet Cleaners), we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our websites, our apps and the other services we provide (“our Services”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the Act), the data controller is London Parlour Carpet Cleaners, a company registered in the UK.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description, details of your business and any information about you revealed in photographs of your property which you provide to us (or which you permit us to take) and any other information that you choose to volunteer when you:
1.1 register with us and log in through our websites and/or our apps;
1.2 complete contact or enquiry forms on, or otherwise provide information via, our websites and/or our apps;
1.3 subscribe to receive any newsletter we may offer from time to time;
1.4 complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time;
1.5 send feedback to us via our Website and/or our apps;
1.6 respond to our marketing communications;
1.7 correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our websites and our apps (in which case we will keep a record of that correspondence); or
1.8 report a problem with any of our Services.
2. Information that we collect automatically each time you visit any of our websites or use any of our apps:
3. technical information, including the type of mobile device (“Device”) you use, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and your time zone setting;
4. information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual; and
5. details of your use of our apps or your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also use GPS technology or other location technology in connection with our apps to determine your current location. This will be the case, for example, if you provide services under the London Parlour Carpet Cleaners brand and use our app to manage your jobs. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to the data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your location preferences in the settings menu on your device.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, search information providers, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and debt collection agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information you give to us:
1. to administer any account you may have with us;
2. to manage your booking or booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of services by your service provider;
3. to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
4. to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
5. to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about the Services or us;
6. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services when you choose to do so;
7. to notify you about changes to our Services;
8. to ensure that content on our websites and our apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or device;
9. to provide you with information about services we offer that we feel may interest you by post, telephone, SMS or email. We will send that information by SMS or email only if: (i) you have consented to this; or (ii) the information is about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiation of a sale to you (and you have not opted out of receiving such marketing messages); or (iii) where we are permitted to do so by law without consent, for example, if you have provided us with a company email address. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us.
10. specifically, we will provide your data to the service provider who is allocated to provide services to you for the purpose of providing those services. This information may include (i) your name, address and contact details; (ii) the details about your property and the services you require, together with any relevant photographs you may have provided; (iii) the non-binding quote we have provided to you; and (iv) your payment details.
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
1. to administer our websites and our apps and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
2. to improve our websites and apps to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and device;
3. to improve the quality and efficiency of our services;
4. to allow you to participate in interactive features on the websites and apps when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our websites and apps safe and secure;
5. to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
6. to make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may interest you.
We use the information about you that we collect from other sources in combination with the information you give to us and the information about you that we collect automatically. We will only use such information for the purposes set out above.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site or app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
2. If all or substantial amount of London Parlour Carpet Cleaners’ assets or the assets of our group of companies are acquired by a third party. In this case, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph Contact below.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Links to Third-party Websites
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We welcome any feedback about third-party websites linked to our websites.